Sunday, March 3, 2019

Ready Player One

Hi everyone!

So I finally got to watch Ready Player One and let me tell you, it was outstanding. I thought the whole concept of having the story be shown through a virtual reality world was crazy. I believe Steven Spielberg did a tremendous job with this film. Ready Player One is set in the year 2045, and the world is on the edge of chaos and collapse. The people of the world have found salvation by going into the OASIS. The OASIS is this virtual reality world where you can be whoever you want. When the creator of the OASIS dies, he leaves an easter egg hidden somewhere inside. This ignites a contest for whoever finds it gets to take control of the OASIS. I'm not trying to create a whole new world for this short film. I'm trying to create a sense where the main characters go on a date and they're both looking at each other in virtual reality. They both will be themselves, not an avatar. I guess it will look a little like when there were meetings in Star Wars and there were holographic people around. I know I can't make holographic people but we're gonna try and add an effect to the screen so the audience understands that they are on a date in virtual reality.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment